Thursday, May 21, 2009

Constellations

I found a website called "Your Sky" which gives you a map of the night sky from whatever latitude and longitude you enter in, as well as views facing the horizon from different directions. My idea is to take pictures of the night sky from different locations, facing north, south, east and west, and draw maps of constellations onto them. I would also include information and pictures of the place I'm at, what I'm seeing, etc. I think it will be interesting to compare what my eye can see, what the camera can see, and what is actually there according to these maps.

My only concern is that I don't know if I'll even be able to get the stars to show up at all in the pictures. If I can't, I can still map where the stars and constellations should be. This idea might still need some tweaking, but I really want to do something involving constellations.

No comments:

Post a Comment